4 Oct 2013

Nominated for a Liebster Award

I WAS NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD!
Who-hoo... (with a little jiggle and a dance).  I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award.   I feel very honoured.
Liebster blog Award
And of course I immediately tried to Google all about it, only to find that many bloggers before me have done exactly that.  And as myself (and they) found, the origins are unclear (suspected German) because of the name.  The rules also seem to vary over time.   The generally accepted idea is that the blog award is awarded from one blogger, to another up and coming newbie blogger,with less than 200 followers.

I was honoured the Liebster Award by Jenifer Tong from the blog 'Not quite Mom of the Year'.  Thank you kindly Jenifer.

Here are the Liebster set of rules I received and shall follow:
1.  You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2.  You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3.  You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
4.  You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5.  You must go their blogs and notify them of their nomination.

In order of The rules:   questioned answered, my nomination picks, and questioned asked.  

Jenifer's 11 Questions to me and her nominees (and my answers):
1.  If you could live any where in the world, where would it be?
I live in the most beautiful place on a game farm in South Africa, surrounded by the wilderness, birds, and my horses. Close to the warm Indian Ocean. I love it! and wouldn't change it.  A few less hyenas would be nice though!  
2.  How did you get into blogging?
I wanted a place to keep all my ideas for me and to share with my buddies, which was easily accessible anywhere - and what better place than on a blog?  There is also the added advantage of possibly supplementing my income because it.  There was just no losing!
3. What are your favorite blogs?
I love blogs about living out in nature, sustainable farming, fresh healthy family recipes, veggie gardening and horses! 
4. Who is your hero?
Superman!   no... mcGyver!  I have lots of hero's: My hubby (sometimes!). My Family (usually), My horse, (he gets me home in one piece - usually).  
5.  What is a secret that no one knows about you?
mmm... Sneaky... If I told you that, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore... would it? 
But that said: not many people know that I am qualified as a healing hypnotherapist.
6.  What are your favorite things to blog about?
Gardening, natural herbal healing, animals, recipes (check out my food blog), art (I love to paint).
7.  What is your favorite holiday and why?
Beach, beach and more beach in Summer... beautiful, wild, unspoilt, quiet beaches.  In Winter the mountains, quiet peaceful mountains, without snow, I don't do cold very well!
8.  What project are you working on right now that you are really excited about?
My veggie patch, and a revamp of a spot in the garden. I just love being out in the garden
9.  What changes are you hoping to implement on your blog in the next year?
I would like to start my own bog hop.  I also would like to start helping other newbie bloggers as I have learnt one heck of a lot in the year.  It's always nice to know where to start.
10.  What do you find most frustrating about blogging?
It's time consuming. I really need to manage my time better
11.  What do you find most exciting about blogging?
Getting a new follower, the beautiful comments, finding a new inspiring blog

AND MY LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD GOES TO:......
My Pick of 11 Bloggers for the Liebster award:
A few great South African Blogs:
1.  Lawrie of  Fire Fly Farm Adventures (who also happens to be a really great friend and inspiration)
2.  Crystal of Our path to Sustainability (a real inspiration to sustainable living)
3.  Dani of Eco Footprints  (for a totally off the grid lifestyle)
4.  Tandy of Lavender and Lime  (amazing food and beautiful photography)
5.  Bake love not War  (if you are into gorgeous cupcakes this is the site to visit)
And amazing blogs from the rest of the world
6.  Nicole from My Garden Diaries
7.  4R Ranch
8.  Dreams of a Farm
9.  Leisure and Me
10.  Emily from A mile high on horseback
11.  Amber from Chaos and Crackers

My 11 Questions for the Bloggers nominated above:
1.  Do you own any pets and if so what are they?
2.  If you could have any pet you desired, what would that be?
3.  If you could live in any type of home you could choose, what would it be?
4.  do you prefer to live in the City or countryside?
5.  Which social media tool do you find works the best for your blog?
6.  If you had to close your eyes and go in your mind to the most prefect place you could imagine, what would that be?  describe it.
7.  Favorite colour and what does it mean to you?
8.  If you need 'time out' during the day where do you go, or do?
9.  Have you ever heard of the concept that your thoughts create your reality?
10.  Why did you start blogging?
11.  What are your highs and lows of blogging


This Post Links to:
Blog and pin tips pinterest
Fabulous Farm Living Google+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Please visit my "I link-up to... page" to link up with any of the below:
Lovely Ladies Linky
Bloggers Digest
Not so Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop
Pinterest power Party
Real Family Fun

7 comments:

  1. Keren - congratulations on your award - well done.

    Thank you very much for the compliment and for the nomination.

    However, I have been nominated three times within the past year and a half, and because of that I like to ask you please, if you don't object, to pass it on to someone who hasn't been so honoured.

    Thanks again, Keren.

    It was lovely learning more about you from your answers to Jenifer's questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!!!!! So lovely to learn more about you!!! You live in such an awesome part of the world!!! And thank you so much for the nomination!!!!! I am tickled !!! Made my day!!!! Please let me know if you do start up your own hop....I would love to be a part of it!!! Happy weekend to you!!!! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Its nice to get to know you

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to learn more about you! I totally agree with your answer to number 10...I need to manage my blogging time better as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the compliment and the award. I shall work on my blog post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the nomination but I received this award awhile back. Then I think it just involved picking 5 more blogs with under 100 followers for share it with. This new addition of 11 questions and answers makes it a bit too much work. I did like your answer to number 9, I'm interested in trying a blog hop too but haven't figured out how yet. Thanks again for the nomination and comments.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: