4 Apr 2015

Cold and Flu Remedies Part 2

COMMON COLD and FLU-LIKE NATURAL REMEDIES:

I'm very much towards the natural approach to healing.  But like all things you have to listen to your body... and more importantly, your essence / heart / what feels right to you?  If you are running a fever or your lungs feel tight, then don't hesitate to see your local best doc,  they are, after all, trained to make you healthy.

So saying... here are my remedies, which work for me and my family,  and this way we manage to combat almost every cold without visiting that doc.


The minute you feel that first inkling of a cold starting:
* Olive leaf spray
* boost the vitamin C intake,
* Take a daily probiotic.  Germs often start spreading from the stomach
* Take a daily multi-vitamin
* Check your PH level.  Germs thrive in an acid condition.  You can buy a test kit from your local chemist, which usually involves putting a bit of linctus paper in your mouth then testing it against a chart.  If you are under 7, you may need to take a alkaline powder.
*  A positive mind.   Say to yourself out loud. "I AM HEALTHY" at least 10 times, and then another 10 times just before you fall asleep at night.  What your mind believes the body achieves.


OLIVE LEAF SPRAY;
Ingredients:
2 tsp (10 ml) Olive Leaf extract
25 ml Colloidal Silver
Both Olive leaf extract and Colloidal silver are available at your local pharmacy.  I get my olive leaf extract from our local homeopath.
Method:
* Mix in a small pump spray bottle:
Directions:
* Spray 3 sprays into a clean mouth every hour for 3 doses, then reduce to every 2 hours
* Great for kids too!


FOR A SORE THROAT:
Ingredients:
2 Tbls Salt
2 Tbls fresh Lemon juice
a Little Warm water
Method:
* Mix all together in a cup and gargle.  Do this every hour for 3 doses, then reduce to every 2 hours


FOR THE COMMON COLD OR FLU SYMPTOMS:
Ingredients:
2 Tbls (30 ml) Raw Honey
2 Tbls (30 ml) fresh Lemon juice
1 tsp (5 ml) Turmeric
1 tsp (5 ml) grated Ginger (or a sprinkle of dried)
Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
Method:
* Mix all together in a little bowl
Directions:
* Take regular teaspoons 3 times a day


Tips and Suggestions:
* You may also like this post:  Cold and Flu remedies
* For more fabulous ideas have a look at: Natural Health and Beauty index page
* Please comment and share your ideas.


This Post Links to:
So see where I link up, visit my: "I link-up to... page"

1 comment:

  1. I am from the USA from the state Ohio and live in the rural farm land. I am 64 years old and my grandmother gave this to me as a young man. It has worked for me to stop a common cold dead. It is simple it is Zink tablets. In the USA they are sold as 50 mg tablets and sold at grocery's and pharms and dept. stores . At the first sign oh a scratchy throat or a drippy nose you take 2 tablets with water to start. Then you take one with water every hour you are awake. If I wake in the night to use the bath room I take one then also. It will usually stop cold in 24 hours. If not carry on into the second day.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: