15 Apr 2013

Air freshener


LAVENDER AIR FRESHENER:
A lovely air freshener which I use in all my rooms (but mainly the loo!).  Both Lemongrass and lavender are fab insect repellents.  And both have the added advantage of being a natural anti-septic and anti-viral.  Lemongrass also acts as a bactericide.  So there you have it - a fab smelling anti-septic air freshener.  Play with different essential oils for a variety of fragrances.



Ingredients:
5ml Vodka
15 drops Lavender essential oil
10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
500ml water
Method:
- Put the oils & vodka in a 500ml spray bottle and shake well.  
- Add the water and spray.

Tips:
- Try out other essential oils.  Another favorite of mine is Neroli or Rose Air Freshener

My References and Additional Further Reading:
Please have a look at my Books and references page for where I got a lot of  the info for this post. 

This post links to:
Homemade home-care recipes
Flour me with Love
Jill's Home Remedies
A Peek into my Paradise
My turn for us

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Are these your horses in the background of the header picture? I really like that picture! Suits your blog perfectly.

    Following you from the bloghop.
    /Maria

    http://discoveringranchlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are my horses. The closest one in 'Thunder' he adopted us, and the one behind him is 'Fire'. Thanks for the follow - following you back. K

      Delete

You might also like: