Everyone (well almost everyone) enjoys a good macaroni cheese. It is just one of those wonderful homely dishes. And so easy to prepare. This is my recipe, I love adding fresh veg in the middle of mine for some extra flavour.
|Macaroni and tomato Cheese|
500g macaroni pasta
dash of olive oil
625ml (2 and half cups) milk
45ml (3 Tbls) cornflour
salt, white pepper and nutmeg
375ml (1 and half cups) grated Cheddar Cheese
30ml (2 Tbls) grated Parmesan cheese
10ml (2 tsp) Dijon Mustard
4 fresh Tomatoes sliced
1 bunch fresh Spinach leaves chopped
|Macaroni layered with fresh tomato and spinach|
* Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
* Cook the Macaroni in boiling salted water as per packet instructions. Drain and stir in a bit of Olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
* In a small bowl or mug: add the cornflour. Mix to a runny paste with a little of the milk.
* In a saucepan: Heat up the milk. Add the cornflour paste, and mix with a whisk until thick and smooth on medium heat.
* Add and mix in: the salt, pepper, nutmeg, half of the cheese, Parmesan and the mustard.
* Add the Macoroni and cheese sauce together in a large bowl.
* In a deep sided rectangular casserole dish add: Half the Macaroni Cheese mix. Then add a layer of freshly sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach. Top with the remainder of the mac cheese.
* And finally sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese
* Bake in a moderate oven for about 35 minutes, or until the top is a lovely golden brown.
|Ready to go in the oven|
* Sprinkle a dash of Cayenne pepper on-top to spice it up.
* You can add other veggies such as onion, garlic and peppers.
* For more fabulous recipe ideas have a look at this recipe index page
* For nutritional info, and the shopping list you will need for this recipe, click on the "magic" button
Here you will find a collection of books (most of which are on my bookshelf) where I get a lot of information for my posts. You will also find the items required to make a lot of the products found on my blog.
I receive a small commission for items purchased through my store - Thanks for the support.
This post links to:
Fabulous Savoury Recipes Pinterest
Fabulous Farm Living G+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Food Bloggers G+
Google+ Share Tribe G+
From the Farm Blog Hop
Creative Home and Garden Hop
Favorite Blogger Recipes Pinterest
Pincentive Blog Hop
Social link up
All my bloggy friends
Tuesdays with a twist
Brsg about it
TGIF Link Party