I love the idea of home-made natural body creams, but in reality... well they can be very thick - more like a balm really, or they separate after a few weeks - (in our warm climate)... or worse.. go rancid. Or if using shea butter - it goes gritty (it doesn't like being heated much). So this is my version of an all natural body butter / cream that works - even with shea butter! It is absolutely awesome, with oils, and butters added, perfect to keep your skin in fabulous condition over winter. (And cheap to make to - but nobody needs to know that!).
2 Tbls (30ml) Rose-hip Seed Oil
2 Tbls (30ml) Jojoba Oil
1 Tbls (15ml) Avocado Oil
2 Vitamin E capsules
10g Shea butter
10g Cocoa butter
1 Cup Good Quality Aqueous cream (or a basic cream)
1 tsp Honey
1 Tbls Witch hazel
16 drops of essential oils of your choosing (I used Rosemary and Lavender)
* Gently the heat the Rose-hip, Jojoba and Avocado Oils until warm.
* Take off the heat, and add the vitamin E and the 2 butters, mix until butters are combined with the oils.
* Add the aqueous cream, honey and witch hazel. Mix by hand using a hand whisk.
* Lastly add in your essential oils, and whisk some more.
* Bottle in whatever looks fabulous.
* This cream will last a long time without the need to refrigerate. (over 6 months)
Here you will find a collection of books (most of which are on my bookshelf) where I get a lot of information for my posts. You will also find the items required to make a lot of the products found on my blog.
I receive a small commission for items purchased through my store - Thanks for the support.
This Post links to:
Body and face Goodies Pinterest
My Snippets of Inspiration
Mix It up Monday
Setting for Four
The Gathering Spot
Our Delightful Home
All my Bloggy Friends
Live Laugh Rowe
Natural Living Link up
From the Farm Blog Hop
Create It Thursday
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits
Real Family Fun
Brag About It
This Post is Featured on: