17 Mar 2015

Oat & Seed Crunchies

HEALTHY OAT and SEED CRUNCHIES
I love this recipe - it is super duper easy and the whole family just loves them,  Just my sort of thing.  I have been asked so many times for the recipe over the years.  So this is one you are going to have to print out.  Have any of you heard of Yummly?  I keep my favourite recipes on there - it is an awesome site.   The oats are nice and healthy,as is the handful of nuts, seeds or both.  This is a really kid friendly, in both the making process.... and the eating process!
Fresh out the oven


Ingredients:
1 cup (250ml or 120g) Flour
3 ml Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)

pinch of salt
1 cup (250ml or 90g) Rolled oats
1 cup (250ml or 200g) Sugar
1 cup (250ml or 80g) Desiccated coconut

A handful of seeds (sunflower, linseed), peanuts or a mix (optional)
125g Butter
30ml Syrup or honey (optional)
A little water may be needed

The mix before baking- ready to be rolled in balls
Method:
- Sift Flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add oats, sugar, coconut, nuts and seeds.
- Melt butter and syrup and add to the dry ingredients.
- A little water may be needed to get the mixture to form into nice balls (but not wet)
- Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls.  They will flatten out in the oven.
- Grease a large baking tray and place balls about 7cm apart
Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden.

Preparation:  15 minutes
Cooking:  20 minutes
Makes: 30
(All Approximates)

Tips and Suggestions:
* For more fabulous ideas and conversions have a look at my Yummy Food index page
* Please Comment and share your ideas.

This Post Links to:
So see where I link up, visit my: "I link-up to... page"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: