I'm very much towards the natural approach to healing. But like all things you have to listen to your body... and more importantly, your essence / heart / what feels right to you? If you are running a fever or your lungs feel tight, then don't hesitate to see your local best doc, they are, after all, trained to make you healthy.
So saying... here are my remedies, which work for me and my family, and this way we manage to combat almost every cold without visiting that doc.
The minute you feel that first inkling of a cold starting:
* Olive leaf spray
* boost the vitamin C intake,
* Take a daily probiotic. Germs often start spreading from the stomach
* Take a daily multi-vitamin
* Check your PH level. Germs thrive in an acid condition. You can buy a test kit from your local chemist, which usually involves putting a bit of linctus paper in your mouth then testing it against a chart. If you are under 7, you may need to take a alkaline powder.
* A positive mind. Say to yourself out loud. "I AM HEALTHY" at least 10 times, and then another 10 times just before you fall asleep at night. What your mind believes the body achieves.
OLIVE LEAF SPRAY;
2 tsp (10 ml) Olive Leaf extract
25 ml Colloidal Silver
Both Olive leaf extract and Colloidal silver are available at your local pharmacy. I get my olive leaf extract from our local homeopath.
* Mix in a small pump spray bottle:
* Spray 3 sprays into a clean mouth every hour for 3 doses, then reduce to every 2 hours
* Great for kids too!
FOR A SORE THROAT:
2 Tbls Salt
2 Tbls fresh Lemon juice
a Little Warm water
* Mix all together in a cup and gargle. Do this every hour for 3 doses, then reduce to every 2 hours
FOR THE COMMON COLD OR FLU SYMPTOMS:
2 Tbls (30 ml) Raw Honey
2 Tbls (30 ml) fresh Lemon juice
1 tsp (5 ml) Turmeric
1 tsp (5 ml) grated Ginger (or a sprinkle of dried)
Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
* Mix all together in a little bowl
* Take regular teaspoons 3 times a day
* For more fabulous ideas have a look at: Natural Health and Beauty index page
* Please comment and share your ideas.