100g (about 2/3 Cup) Hazelnuts (or almonds)
100g Sesame Seeds
2 Tbls (30ml) Cumin Seeds
2 Tbls (30ml) Coriander Seeds
1 tsp (5ml) Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp (5ml) Sea Salt (or pink Himalayan)
2 Tbls (30ml) Paprika
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) Turmeric
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) Cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tsp (5ml) dried ground ginger
|Some of the ingredients for the dukkah|
* Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Dry roast (without oil) the nuts, and Sesame, Cumin and Coriander seeds in the pan, stirring until a lovely golden colour (about 7 minutes or so)
* Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
* Place all in a food processor and whizz until coarsely chopped.
* Adjust salt to taste
* Store in an air tight container.
* And voila - that is it. So easy and so delicious!
|Food processing the spice|
* You can substitute the Hazelnuts for Pistachio nuts, or almonds
* Add as a spice to curries, or over roasted veg.
* Lovely sprinkled over a fresh salad
* Add a pinch a chilli powder or cayenne pepper, for a bit of a bite.
* Traditionally served with crusty home bread and olive oil.
* For more fabulous ideas and conversions have a look at my Yummy Food index page
* Please comment and share your ideas.
Cooking: 10 minutes
This Post Links to: