11 Feb 2014

Delicious Shrimp Mousse

This recipe is super easy and absolutely fabulous.  You are guaranteed "Wow" comments.  I have been making it for years, and it never fails to impress!
Shrimp mousse ready for spreading onto biscuits - Yum!
Ingredients:
1 x 400g can Tomato Soup 
230g (8oz)Plain smooth Cream cheese of your choice  (such as Philadelphia)
15ml (1T or 20g) Gelatin
3 x 170g cans of Shrimps (do not drain!)
1/2 cup (125ml) Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup (125ml) Celery (finely chopped)
1 Cup (250ml) Mayonnaise
Stirring in ingredients
Method:
* Heat up the soup in a saucepan, add the cheese and allow the cheese to melt completely over low heat.
* Add the gelatin to the soup mixture, and keep stirring over low heat until completely dissolved and mixed through.
* Remove pot from stove and add the un-drained tins of Shrimps, onion, celery and mayonnaise.  
* Pour into separate ramekin molds or one large mold and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
* Turn out from mold, and decorate with fresh lemonparsley and biscuits.

Tips and Suggestions:
*  To help get the mousse out the mold, place it in a basin of warm water for a minute or so.
*  For more Fabulous recipe ideas have a look at this recipe index page

References, Additional Reading and Shopping:
Please kindly have a look at my "My Favourite things Store".
Here you will find a collection of hand-picked books (most of which are on my bookshelf) where I get a lot of information for my posts.  You will also find the items required to make a lot of the products found on my blog.   All my favourite things!!! 
(I receive a small commission for items purchased through my store - Thanks in advance for the support.)


This post links to:
Fab Savoury Recipes
Fabulous Farm Living G+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Fabulous Twitter Page
The Most Fabulous Link-up "Jol"
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below
Recipes G+
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Food Bloggers G+
Google+ Share Tribe G+
Lovely Ladies Linky
Wake up Wednesday
Tuesdays with a Twist
Tasty Tuesdays
Brag about it
Freedom Fridays

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness does this look awesome! I have never made this before but would love to give it a go! I hope you are well and a very wonderful week to you! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this looks extra tasty! I definitely could eat this with some Ritz crackers! Yum!

    Christy @ www.awomantheworlddeserves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and looks beautiful too. thank for sharing at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful recipe! Thank you for sharing this with us at the HomeAcre Hop! We'd love to have you back again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic idea, i wish that someone in my family loved shrimps)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: