|Tamarillos and Chillis|
1 Cup (250ml) Tamarillos, skinned and chopped.
1 Cup (250ml) peppers, chopped. ( I used a mix of sweet caspium peppers and chilli peppers)
1 Tbls (15ml) Garlic, crushed.
2 Cups (500ml) Sugar.
1/2 Cup (125ml) White grape vinegar
1 Tbls (15ml) Dark Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbls (30ml) Freshly squeezed lemon Juice
1/2 tsp (5ml) Salt
|A lovely sticky consistency|
- Put all the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan
- Keep on a low heat stirring occasionally until all the sugar has turned to liquid.
- Turn up slightly and simmer for about 45 minutes until the jam turns syrupy.
- Test a bit on a spoon, the cooled liquid on the spoon must be thick and syrupy but it will thicken even more on cooling.
- Sterilize a jar in boiling water, and pour the warm jam into the jars.
- Makes about 2 cups of jam
- will keep for about a month or so in the fridge
- Can substitute tomatoes for the Tamarillos
- Goes fabulously with cheese. a bbq (braai) or even on a salad.
- For more Fabulous recipe ideas have a look at this recipe index page
This post links to:
The Most Fabulous Link-up "Jol"
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Food Bloggers G+
Google+ Share Tribe G+
Moonlight and Mason Jars
Happiness is homemade
Awesome Things Link